ManicRobThrill

Thursday, December 23, 2004

Hello and Happy Holidays

Hi and welcome to my brand-new blog spot. I've decided, on the cusp of my 40th birthday, to join the modern world and create a blog of my own. I was primarily motivated/inspired by Bob Mould, the respected musician, with his Boblog and his general opinions of life, health, music, society, etc. So here I begin writing.

This will also serve, hopefully, as a way for you to get in touch with me easier, especially when it comes to matters concerning The Punch Line. I know I've been lax with many of you when it comes to picking up the phone or writing, to which I apologize. I promise that next to going to the gym at least three times a week, I will be better about keeping in contact for the coming year.

The Punch Line is on an obviously brief hiatus; Liz and I will be doing our usual holiday tradition (quiet time spent at home) and immediately after my birthday, the band is back in the studio. We'll be recording the last three songs for ...to get to the other side, then I'll be working on the art and packaging with the multi-talented Rob Eberhardt (which I am greatly looking forward to). If all goes well and according to plan, the CD should be out mid-March.

During this down time from The Punch Line, things have remained extremely busy in a musical vein. I've refurbished Synchronic East, acquiring a Fostex 8-track digital home studio, new monitor speakers, mics and a candy apple red Strat (courtesy of my beautiful bride as an early birthday gift--thank you, honey) and I've selected/begun demoing 19 of the songs that will become the body of the second Punch Line album, provisionally entitled Always Bridesmaids.

If you know me and you've read this far and are still staring in disbelief or laughing yourself sick with the prior statement about "going to the gym", laugh no more. You read correctly as I've taken the plunge and joined NYSC. Bottom line--I'm about to turn 40 years old, for fuck's sake! It's high time I took hold of the reins and got healthy for the duration. For the last 20 years, I've battled and pretty much won (or have held at bay) my weight problems, but I still felt and looked like shit. No more... I do my daily Sahaja Yoga; I've been curtailing my appalling eating patterns, I get a decent amount of rest and my worst/last habit--smoking--is a definite thing of the past. So now, the icing on the cake is to get into a better physical state. I promise you that by the next time you see The Punch Line live, my appearance will be improved. It's all about DISCIPLINE, baby!

I think this is a good way to open things up here and a good place to stop for now. Everything else is status quo--work is quiet (as would be expected) and I find my mind refreshed by reading the latest Utne Reader. Best of all, I've nearly paid off all the bills--how could you not have a better ending to a year?

Must go now--Liz is waiting for me to join her on the sofa for tonight's "The O.C." (two-hour repeat power-block). Woo-hoo! Talk about a guilty pleasure...

Have yourselves a great holiday.

Much love...Rob

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home