ManicRobThrill

Saturday, August 25, 2012

A week after...

I don't know if posting here will do any justice to how revitalized I feel after our week in Memphis; I feel refreshed just on the virtues of seeing/going somewhere and doing something completely new and different.  Also for the simple fact that after 16 years, I got on a plane again and flew.  That was of significant importance and pride, as it was done without alcohol or medication - not that I had ever done that before.  It simply was because after so many years, my hypersensitivity was at a critical high.  But...  we went; we had fun, explored the flashpoint city of where American music was, for all intents and purposes, born.  We met one of my musical heroes - and a legend, truth be told - and he could not have been kinder or more accommodating.  I've walked through and stood in musical landmarks - holy soil for me - like Ardent Studios and the Stax Museum - and have seen The King's final resting place. 

I could attempt to rhapsodize about it all, but I need to focus those thoughts towards the "pilgrimage diary" I will be writing for Caught In The Carousel.  However, this is a nice way to begin re-touching base in my normal life.  I still don't feel like I'm completely back at home, even though we returned last Saturday night.  Too much of a blur, I'm sure, but perhaps this is the weekend I can finally become un-discombobulated!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home