ManicRobThrill

Saturday, October 18, 2008

Different to me

Finally managed to shake off whatever's been going around--and it seems pretty widespread. Even though I planned on starting to record today, I'm first going out to run chores and see if flu shots are available yet.

Yes, I am finally looking to record. Changed the strings on the Strat, which I've chosen to be the main weapon on these first few tracks I have planned. The album is not, in my mind, going to be as acoustic-driven as I'd initially envisioned, as I just want to rock right now. I know that sounds a little too clinical, but the 12-string/power guitar style is too easy to do, if that makes any sense. I want something just a bit harder sounding. That doesn't mean I'm not sticking with the structures of some songs ("Whatever Makes You Happy" is still the same arrangement, etc.); I just want this to be a little more broad than what people may expect.

I've received several e-mails recently about the "new" (they were recorded in December, 2000, actually) Julian Cope/Teardrop Explodes tracks for the latest tribute compilation. Many thanks for the very kind words.

Off to Newark Airport shortly--no, I'm not flying out; I'm picking up some precious cargo.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home