ManicRobThrill

Monday, April 22, 2013

Harmony constant

(Oops, I forgot to post this last Wednesday...)

I'm not a big believer in having a "religious" experience when seeing a band or performer but last night was certainly the markings of a child's dream come true.  We went to Town Hall to see/hear the one and only Michael Nesmith last night and it was remarkable - for me.  To hear and see someone who has always been an influence on my music - both lyrical and melody - always lifts me up.

The manner in which he delivered his performance - with vignettes to light the settings to the songs; the good humor and warmth in which he made the audience even smaller and cozier - and the songs themselves - so rich and timeless...  It was one of those moments that, especially for a musician, is humbling.  It also made the pot sweeter that we were sitting just a few rows from the stage and the perfomers who were part of his ensemble were equal to the task and simply amazing.

I don't think there's anyone else I can think of whose music has meant so much to me and could make my senses overload at what the power of music can do.  And for that, I'm eternally grateful to Mr. Nesmith.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home