ManicRobThrill

Friday, December 18, 2015

'Tis the season to enjoy quiet...

Nothing like having time off until the 4th of January.  My plans aren't all that lofty - some basic utilitarian necessities around the house and such; start hitting the gym in the mornings and working on/recording music in the afternoons; get my new tattoo done.  I have a few books to read; some albums to listen to - all for review but I can divide my time accordingly and I think balance it all just right.

I've never been keen on Xmas as it is; it's never been on my emotional radar so I'm pretty much indifferent to it all.  Plus, I only have to get a few little gifts for a few people and that's already been taken care of, so I'm free from the madness. 

It's been a pretty good year, all in all.  The one thing I always tend to do is get a little reflective around this time - I think it's been like this since '84 - and it's nice to stop and think of all the good things that occurred.  I can only identify one genuine tragedy in my life - the death of my ex-girlfriend - but all in all, I've been very fortunate and I regularly count my blessings.  And that's what this period is supposed to be all about.  I have a nice home, a loving relationship; good friends, music and things that give me joy; savings, a job and my health (so far).  All that anyone needs.

And in reality, instead of wanting, I'm able to just revel in what I have.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home