ManicRobThrill

Thursday, March 24, 2016

Spring re-awakening

Something of a misleading posting title - whatever that has been going around for the span of this month is still wreaking havoc on my system.  I really don't want to push myself into seeing a doctor but if it continues into next week, I'm afraid I have no alternative.  The lingering traces of a cough; the discomforts - just a really ecch feeling.

Nevertheless, there is so much to look forward to coming up immediately - the David Bowie tribute next week; the last Rangers game at home; Opening Day at Citi Field, Bob Mould...  Plus, all the other really great things.  This has been a time that, while marred by being constantly sick and listening to the depressing political news, has been nothing less than joyful and invigorating - save for this damn virus (or whatever it is).

It's also been a good time, creatively speaking.  With all the new music and books I've been absorbing, it's elevated my writing to greater levels on a consistent basis.  And that's led me to trying to create new structures in the songs as well.

As clichéd as it may be, spring does bring out the best in everything.  It certainly does for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home