ManicRobThrill

Thursday, November 22, 2018

Giving thanks (reocurring themes)

Better things have been happening, lately - Liz found a new job after several months of looking.  For the first time in our 20 years together, I've never seen her this happy, going to work.  She likes what she's doing; she likes the people - it's something she's never experienced, until now, and I couldn't be happier for her or more proud with the way she dealt with the situation.  A dear friend has also found something that will both fulfill and pay her better after toiling away at a job that drained her physically, emotionally and financially, so she's now on a better plane.  I still seek something else; something new but that's only because I feel and need better.  The constant pains I've had for the last few months have nearly disappeared, so I'm thankful that I'm physically feeling much more like myself.  And some of the relationships that I thought were starting to dissipate are turning back around into meeting one another in a united front.

I look at 2017 and 2018 as, for all intents and purposes, lost years.  There's no way around it.  But the good thing is that there is always tomorrow and beyond, so there is always that moment when things turn around.  Patience and prudence will see me through it - I know this.  And I take comfort in, as I said, the "small victories" that I can look upon as positives to build upon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home