ManicRobThrill

Sunday, December 26, 2004

Start your engines

Feeling good. The year hasn't ended OR started and I've already hit the gym. Went this morning to the Staten Island NYSC to get our feet wet and had a great beginning to this new phase. Not too overboard, mind you--24 (or so) minutes on the treadmill; 10 minutes on the elliptical trainer and 3 sets with not-so-heavy weights--barbells for the first time in a decade. The "real" workouts begin Tuesday, after work. I think we'll have the actual membership cards by then, but as soon as 5 p.m. comes, I'll go to the NYSC on Broadway and Spring and work out for at least an hour or so (30 treadmill/30 elliptical trainer/3 sets--10 reps free weights), then sauna/whirlpool and shower down before I head home. That's the plan for the new routine--3 days a week and Sunday mornings at the NYSC here. The cool thing is that Liz and I can workout together on Sunday--if today was any indication of what will be, I am REALLY glad that I did this. I know she's happy about having a gym membership, so it just adds to the positives. Of course, I'm fully expecting to wake up with a charley horse in the morning, but hey--no pain, no gain...right, dudes?

In its' own silly way, I do hope that the physical improvement guidelines and goals that I've set for myself will translate to improvement with the goals I've set for The Punch Line. You know, worst kept secret (ha ha ha) is that I only intend to do this through 2 albums (if we get that far), but if I can keep my body healthy and renew my energies physically, then perhaps I can keep my emotions in check with the band and be pragmatic enough to successfully skipper two albums through to the waters to completion. After that, it's in the hands of the fates; it's been a long-enough uphill climb with this one album and the extraneous bullshit that's been heaped along with it. In any event, you have to figure that if you feel good physically, you feel good mentally (and vice-versa). I've been looking forward to have my yin-and-yang in balance.

Xmas Day itself was a non-event (as if it ever would be for us); we wound up having our dinner in the mid-afternoon at Golden's Kosher Delicatessen. How apt. Watched a movie and just spent the afternoon talking. You know you have a great marriage when you don't want to do anything else but sit on the couch and just talk. It's an arrogant thing to say, but when I look at some of the relationships or marriages my friends/associates have, I'm thankful as I have NOTHING to piss and moan about the way they all seem to do about their respective partners. Then again, I'm also the only one (save for one or two) who haven't been through the bullshit of a divorce (I also didn't marry the wrong person to start with). Of course, it's really none of my business...

For someone who was born in New York, in January, I STILL hate the winter.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home