ManicRobThrill

Thursday, November 06, 2008

And to the beginning we go

As this weekend approaches, I finally kick off recording, with no fanfare. It's just simply high time. I don't know how much I'll get done, but I know the time has come. Not an urge, just a return of the desire. I'm not shouting from the rooftops or levying these moral platitudes--I just feel like having headphones on and laying down tracks to "new" music (translated: "new" music for me are songs I haven't released yet. Doesn't mean they haven't been demo'd before. Hopefully, these versions would be of good enough quality to see the surface for public consumption.).

There have been too many instances where musicians resume operations after a lengthy layoff. Far too often, they've disappointed--not because of time or age but because they come across as not caring enough to deliver--as they are, in the here and now. I don't want to fall short of my own expectations. I'd like to deliver something that I can say, after time has passed, "yes, this is a good piece of work; I'll stand by it".

Whatever comes out of these sessions, I'll hope to surpass even my own goals and really, that's all any "artist" should ever want.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home