ManicRobThrill

Wednesday, November 05, 2008

A change will do us all good

I feel a sense of relief; some lightness and the possibility that the malaise that has fallen over this country--much like it had in the late '70's--will now lift. The main focus is to keep perspective--I have some hope, but I also have trepidation and a sense of caution; President-elect Obama has the unenviable task of being the one who has to clean up the mess left behind by the current administration.

People with their false/misplaced sense of what is and what is not patriotism always seem to bark so loudly and yet they never do anything to improve the shape of this country (i.e. our social landscape). I am very proud to be an American; I am very proud to say I vote (and I always have since I was 18) and as a real patriot will admit "this country has screwed up; this president has screwed up and we, as a people, need to do something to right a rapidly sinking ship". Finally, we did something about it.

True, I am not a fan of those who jump on the political bandwagons every couple of years; I loathe the arbiters of the cause-celebre and I cannot abide with anyone who aligns themselves with a candidate because a friend or media figure told them to--but I feel like yesterday, the citizens of this country who love this nation woke up and did what the Constitution and the Declaration of Independence were created to do and that's an exhilarating feeling.

Makes me want to start making music again--now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home