ManicRobThrill

Friday, October 19, 2012

The clarity is in the season

I looked long and hard at all that I accepted to put on my plate.  Recording an instrumental theme song for a podcast series; reviewing albums; reviewing movies; doing interviews; recording demos for the album - that's a lot.  Then there's the "normal" side of things:  going to the gym, doing the standard household chores; seeing family and friends - in a word:  life is full.  And rather than fritter away my time, idly lying on the sofa in front of the television, this weekend is going to be a "get it done" kind of scenario.

Item 1 to clear off the list:  record "Savannah Sunrise".  I've had that instrumental since the summer of 1993; I do think it would be the perfect opener for The Next Sometime Soon, but I'm both proud and honored to have been asked by the good people at Caught In The Carousel to come up with the record review show's theme.  I have been a horrific procrastinator...  No more.  This weekend, it stops.  There is no excuse to not be able to record a simple, 2-plus minute guitar instrumental; lay down the bass line, a piano part to complement the bass melody and a shaker for the rhythm.  It took me some self-induced ass kicking to write/finish/edit the story of our Memphis trip; I then completed the live reviews that I'd had lingering in my mind.  I do not want to fall back on that bad pattern.

So tomorrow shapes up as:  gym, Trader Joe's, laundry (!) and then record in the afternoon.  It's not that hard - I've just been a lazy bastard.  And it has to stop.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home