ManicRobThrill

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

It's kinda funny...

Everyone has their moments of both triumph and of downsides.  Last year was an unbelievable level of highs and great things (save for losing Nibbles in October).  I had a slightly off-putting sense that this year might be one of negative situations occurring.  When my writing gig with a music page came to an abrupt end at the end of last month, I only had a moment of that thought process - but:  a)  you could see it coming a mile away; I was very unhappy with the way things had been going and b) I was equally displeased with the treatment my work (and my other writing colleagues) received.  Now that may have loomed as a bad thing, but literally within 2 - 3 hours of getting the e-mail that set me free, I wound up at not one but two respected, serious and professional online music magazines.  And as of this morning, I have pieces on both sites.  I am extremely proud - and somewhat humbled by it.  I look at it as a wealth of riches because it allows the work I've done to be seen by a larger audience.

Now we're getting to the mid-point of the year and it would be nice to concentrate all my energies on my physical well-being by getting back to the gym no less than 4 days a week and to be able to have some time to record more new material.  Just to have some fresh demos would be a great leap forward.

No matter what, I do maintain, it's still all good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home