ManicRobThrill

Thursday, November 10, 2016

Darker days

I did not think it was possible; it was inconceivable.  HOW?  How could this man - who essentially handed this election to Hillary Clinton with all his insanity, there for the whole world to see - be elected President of the United States?

Because misogyny still rules.  Because people are willful and ignorant.  Because people are spiteful.  It's not just the silent minority of white men and white women.  It's not just the psychotic and fascist loving "alt-right".  It's the alt-left.  Those precious petals who collectively kissed Bernie Sanders' ass and worshiped at his feet and once he was soundly beaten in the primaries, they became enraged and voted for a different sociopath, Jill Stein.  They even told St. Bernard to go fuck himself when he told his loyal minions to vote for Hillary Clinton.  They and their conscience voting can fuck off.  When President Trump comes rolling along, their protests will be silenced VERY QUICKLY.  That's what entitlement gets you.  That's a great deal of solace to me.

I am a patriot.  I love everything that America has been based on.  I wear and wave the flag proudly.  I love and respect and honor our soldiers and our police; I revere our traditions.  But Tuesday night, I have never been more ashamed to be an American.  For the first time, I could see how the rest of the world views us and hates us.  And I resented it.  And because of the way people voted in THIS election, I will not forgive it.

My beloved homeland, what have you done?  I love you, United States of America but you have FUCKED UP but good.  And you should collectively be damned for your willful ignorance, your racism and your misogyny because that's what you framed this new President-elect around.  And you did it with large numbers.

I wept.  No other way to say it.  And I am heartbroken.  You've just entered Nazi Germany 1933 except it's now a bigger, richer, more populated land of social psychosis.  And this isn't Germany.  It's Nazi America.  And if you think that's over-dramatic, you're sorely mistaken.  I'm understating it.  This is, as Mark Halperin, put it "a cataclysmic event".

Be afraid.  Be very afraid.  Seriously.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home