ManicRobThrill

Tuesday, November 03, 2020

Zero hour

Yes, Election Day is finally here.  I was up and out the door to vote at 7:20 this morning.  It took less than 10 minutes, considering my polling place was surprisingly disorganized, which it usually isn't.  But it's done and that's all there is to say about it.  I did what any rational American citizen would do and voted.  I don't need a congratulatory pat on the back; it's my responsibility as a citizen.  

Made this a day of getting things done - and one of my least favorite things to do, albeit annually, is taking the car for inspection.  And that took less than 10 minutes as well!  So I managed to tie up several small loose ends, which feels very good; I feel accomplished, as I hate it when anything small is hanging overhead.

Whatever happens, when the counting is over, I sincerely hope that people will keep their heads.  It's an election; it doesn't need to become a rebellion.  Just because you don't like the way a vote may turn out, it doesn't mean you have the right to destroy someone else's property; burn their livelihood to the ground and physically harm others.  I would love to see "nothing" happen after the winner is announced.  

Let us all hope.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home