ManicRobThrill

Thursday, June 17, 2021

If only for a moment...

These last few days have been perfect - no heat or humidity, sunshine and calm.  It helps me think clearly and positively.  I haven't had much to say, especially since I began this new job, which takes a great deal of energy during the day and leaves me drained by the time I return home.  It's a great feeling to be at the office everyday and working with some very nice people.  It's still very early going and a lot to continue to adjust to, learn and become fully acquainted with.

At the same time, as with all things nowadays, I take nothing for granted; I'm cautiously hopeful that this will be a successful move and that I'll be here for (at least) a while.  All the right elements - down to the little things like having the subway and my bank right across the street and a good lunch spot- are an enormous plus.  I don't need much.

The only thing missing, as of late, is the desire to do anything creative.  Even writing has trickled into a minimal effort.  An occasional album review and sporadic tapings of Radio City...  have slowed things down.  And, as usual, I haven't made any attempt to pick up a guitar.

I know - all good things in time.  I'm sure the balance will adjust itself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home