ManicRobThrill

Saturday, November 06, 2021

November warmth

Not usually the way one would perceive the month of November, but it has started off in a warm, positive manner.  I'm not talking about the weather - it's seasonably cold and I already had a round of illness to start it, but I'm talking about a wonderful surprise - albeit, one that I've worked on to make a reality.  For the second time in 6 months, I'll be transitioning to a new job.  I have (guarded) optimism that this will have greater staying power, but where I've been hasn't brought me joy or comfort.  For lack of a better phrase, when I took the position I'm currently at, it wasn't what it was presented to me as and that, unfortunately, set a very negative tone - and that was extremely disappointing.  Non-transparency is a very difficult thing to overcome and I knew within a very short span of time that I was not in a good place - they're nice people, but it's not the right situation for me in the long-term.  I had two interviews over the last two weeks - within 15 minutes of the 2nd interview on Thursday, I received an offer letter.  I took the time to do my due diligence, called the director who made the offer to discuss a few concerns, which were immediately taken care of and I signed the deal earlier today.  And I found an email from the chairman, filled warm words of hope and welcome.  All that's left to do now is let my current employers know that I am terminating my time with them in a month.  I wanted to do this as properly as possible, as I didn't want to leave them in the lurch with the perfunctory two week's notice.

I truly wasn't asking for much and I'm pleased that what I wanted, I received - not in a selfish manner, but in the correct way, concerning finance.

Aside from that, tomorrow night is a "Big Star & Friends" show - the first time in two years that I'll be seeing a live performance and 7 years since we last saw one of these concerts, so I'm excited and happy.  And in two weeks, it's time for the annual trek to Trader Joe's for Thanksgiving shopping, which I always love.

So all in all, at this very moment, I'm feeling good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home