ManicRobThrill

Monday, December 27, 2004

Monday, Monday

It's early enough with the sun shining on the powdered-sugar snowfall and I've just finished my 2nd cup of coffee. Liz has already gone to work (and will be at the gym tonight--grrr!); I have the luxury of another day off, courtesy of the company. A day filled with mundane joys like doing the laundry, taking a quick trip into the city to make our yearly IRA contribution (actually during the year--a first!) and maybe stopping at Bloomingdale's to spend some of my Xmas/birthday gift certificate from my mother-in-law.

No real after-effects from the gym yesterday, except for some mild soreness in my upper arms and back--duh! Can't wait for tomorrow (well, I can do without the office, ha ha ha) when I can have a REAL workout.

Still feeling philosophical as the year and my 30's wind down. Funny, but I don't think I have the capability at the moment to write it all here. I will say this--it's been about 21 years since I started being "this way" at year's end. I wonder if it has anything to do with joining a band? Jesus, I was 18 when I joined Two Minutes Hate and here we are, two-plus decades later.

Speaking of which, if time allows today, it's back to the 8-track and attempting to lay down further parts for demos.

I've also been trying to think of (if any) my picks for favorite CD's this year--unfortunately, I can't say there were any "new" releases I found outstanding, save for Brian Wilson's stunning re-recording of Smile. Last year, while a bit thin, was far better. This year has been immersed in older music and rediscovering favorites from my younger days. If I come up with anything, believe me--I'll post it.

Rock on...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home