ManicRobThrill

Saturday, September 02, 2006

Laborious days

It's been an odd two month period. Between work, home and music and the changes I've initiated around me, it's been hard to gauge everything. This is the first time since July I've had 72 hours of no plans; just time to do what I need to and time to not think. I just want to lie on the sofa and read in silence.

However, I can't. We have things to do around the house (as arcane as it sounds) and I have things to do, like getting rid of clothes, papers, etc. No major overhauls, just some fine tuning.

As far as the band goes, I've gotten a ton of e-mail (especially from people I hadn't heard from in quite a while) and I'd like to say thank you for the incredibly kind things that have been said. I have to admit that I'm really surprised/taken aback at the overwhelmingly same response I received from most when I would reply that the other two gentlemen who had been in the band were no longer in the group--"it's about time". Did not expect that. When something reaches its' natural conclusion, you move forward. In previous times, when a so-called crisis would arise (i.e. certain members would go a.w.o.l., etc.), The Punch Line would fold. In this instance, majority of work dictates the nature and direction of the group. Since this last version of the band was something I tightly held the reins on, I say otherwise. As long as it remains as fresh and bullshit-free as it's been, I'm more than content to carry on at our leisure and schedules. There's no more of the nonsense; no having to pretend or keep nodding some obligatory acknowledgment to the past. So that's the first moment to exhale.

The summer dreariness kept me from feeling at 100%; working as much as I have and being unable to relax has also led me astray from the gym. So I'm looking forward to a re-energized focus starting with working out again this week.

No platitudes; no great revelations. New version of the band; renewed exercise plateaus to start reaching again and we'll go from there. Simplify and get to it.

Now click this link and read on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home