ManicRobThrill

Friday, August 04, 2006

Andmoreagain

Having been feeling great about everything, it's always an interesting juxtaposition when someone tries to thwart your good vibe-plane. Such as been the case this week; in thinking I was no longer being sucked into bullshit cycles again, I've been pulled unsucessfully, I'm happy to say. Rather than get to that point of overload, I've had the joy and pleasure of smiling right in the faces of those who've attempted this and funnily enough, it seemed to unnerve them.

I don't know how or why, and I probably never will, people have this incessant need to think they're better or higher than you; insecurity is a natural first explanation. Inadequacy or inferiority complexes aside, when you pull these kind of infantile stunts publicly, you only wind up with egg on your face. It's been more fascinating than it has been infuriating. This week, it's kept me on my toes but not mired in aggravation. Have I made it (finally) to the promised land?

On the flipside, the songs just keep flowing. We've got three new ones, aside from "Crystallized"; Mr. D.'s "Dirty Little Secret" and Mr. L.'s "No Longer Do I Need You". Damn, this is good. This is right. And it's envigorating. Add to that, you can get the album here and here.

Need this weekend for some downtime and home stuff; working straight through starting on Monday for 14 days. My local Starbucks and this place will be seeing a lot of me.

R.I.P. Arthur Lee. Another sad moment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home