ManicRobThrill

Thursday, May 03, 2007

Favorite month

May has always been my favorite month for many reasons and emotions equated with it. My wife was born in May; I wrote "Train Of Thought" in May; I met my ex-fiancee in May (and had seven wonderful years with her); I saw The Jam play their final New York shows in May and so on. There is always a smell in the air; a feeling of hope and warmth that makes me glad to still be here at 42.

Driving around in the new machine is a great feeling; I became quite comfortable and used to driving a small truck pretty quickly. Handles like a dream. Great sound system; good mileage and going to the stores and to my dad is no longer filled with trepidation--no more "what was that sound?" and the like. Glad I finally made the move. If you're going to buy a car, buy what you really want and plan on having it for at least a decade.

Work has been extremely busy. So much so, it's left me feeling drained and tired. I'm not at my best right now. That and my father's recent health setback has had me without much of a vibe. Many thanks to everyone who has called and written about my dad; it's appreciated infinitely.

Did watch a wonderful documentary last night on "American Masters"--all about my late mentor, the great Ahmet Ertegun. Even after 6 years, Atlantic Records still stirs up the most amazing emotions in me.

Hopefully, once the crunch period subsides (even for a little while) I will be able to once again enjoy May as I always have.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home