ManicRobThrill

Saturday, February 17, 2007

Work, rest & play?

Another busy week; work is great and motoring at breakneck speed. The nightly commute makes me realize how glad I am that we decided to move back to Staten Island at the end of this lease. It's ridiculously expensive -- parking/N.J. Transit/MTA -- and unnecessarily time consuming. Cliched, I know, but you never know what you've got until it's gone. Thankfully, this is something we'll be correcting. The only travel cost will be the monthly MetroCard, which gets you everywhere in the 5 boroughs (unlike these costly strict-zone train passes on N.J. Transit). A walk to the ferry will be heaven again.

Saw this in the morning's Washington Post. It reminded me of how AOL was the single reason why Time Warner's good reputation and name were irrevocably soiled; how we all lost our jobs once AOL came into the fray and why I feel no particular sympathy, should AOL go under completely. Aside from being an antiquated system, it's a typical "evil" company. It's also of note that this article very quietly mentions that layoffs at AOL have been kept under wraps.

Nothing special planned for this long weekend, which is what I prefer. Went to the gym last night and feel great. The usual chores loom in a short while and then we'll see. I do have time apportioned tomorrow for working in the studio as I'm pleased to say I'm nearly done with a new track, "Postcard". No, it's not an original song; it's one I've loved for years and felt the time was right to record and hopefully do justice.

Okay, time to get moving. Need some Starbucks and to pick up our new printer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home