ManicRobThrill

Saturday, January 20, 2007

Looking back to continue forward

The purging process is still in full flight. I can't believe how much money I wasted; time and space taken up needlessly and no emotional attachment to the deitritus that's been moved quickly, quietly and efficiently into large black plastic bags. All the excitement that I'd put into these items that, at one time, I thought were an accurate representation of my life--where I had been, where I was at that moment and where I would be heading. Nothing; it's a silly mindset to have placed myself. Nonetheless, the clothes, the magazines, the photos, old ticket stubs, contracts, tapes and so on are all for the ages. They mean nothing anymore and their disposal frees me up in leaps and bounds.

Had another great (but cold) weekend with Liz just doing chores and hanging out together. In the 8 years we've been together, I don't think we've laughed (or made each other laugh) as much as we have in the last two months. Starbucks, Target, groceries, Thai lunch, a few movies rented and you have all the makings of a great domestic weekend. Gym Tuesday night and next Saturday is a scheduled studio day.

The one element of my previous lives that won't be so easily dismissed. The time to get back to work is at hand.

One last thing--asked for by a few people and overlooked (for which I apologize): my "best of/worst of" '06. I promise to get to it this week and thanks for the reminder.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home