ManicRobThrill

Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Giving thanks

While I neglected to post in the last few weeks, I can't believe I forgot to mention that glorious Tuesday, when the brooms came out to sweep Republicanism from Congress and the Senate. I'm sorry, but I am still (somewhat) revelling in this moment. What a great month it's been.

Speaking of which, I hope all of you groovers had as nice and happy a Thanksgiving as I did. Nothing special; just Liz and I enjoying the peace, quiet and good food together. Down time, which we haven't had in ages to ourselves with no pressing duties or urgencies; a lot of laughs, sunshine and Starbucks. Plus, added some new accessories to the living room; much better sound and vision, you know? Also managed to find a hotel and booked our room for New Year's Eve. What luck!

Loving work; enjoying the chance to socialize in a civilized manner again and making new music--slowly and with steady pleasure. A lot of new songs suddenly taking shape while others I've neglected are now being given a second look and serious thought. Reading; cleaning house and clearing out some of the pieces of the past have all been part of the period's activities. Back to the gym this weekend and keeping it all together. And before you say anything, I'm well aware of that last sentence.

I have a lot to be thankful for. Especially this year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home