ManicRobThrill

Saturday, October 28, 2006

The next wave

Preparing myself for the beginning of the next phase of my professional (and subsequently, personal/creative) life. Got the train pass, the parking permit and I'm ready for my new job to begin on Monday. Back in the New York groove and all that.

In the time I had yesterday on my last day off, I spent time actually doing skeleton demos with the acoustic guitar. For the first time in a long time, I'm in that happy and comfortable position of not having to write for anyone but myself and watch as the results take shape and grow the way I think they should. It's also nice to feel a vibe in my singing that I didn't have since the last spurt of demo/composing fury pre-Punch Line Redux. What I do with these songs I'm not sure yet, but I may put them up on MySpace when I think it's good enough for people to hear.

9 a.m. and it's an ugly, rainy day. Doesn't matter--life is good right now. Gym tomorrow?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home