ManicRobThrill

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Just when you thought...

And as quickly as I started that job on Monday, the 9th, the next day, I received an e-mail from a public relations firm that I'd interviewed with in May, asking me if I would consider joining them. No contemplation needed. I said "yes" and arranged a meeting for this week. I had the meeting this morning and was offered the position on the spot; I'm starting on Monday. I could not be more happy or proud. This is a job I have wanted and look upon as the 2nd dream job to come along in my life--second only to my years at Atlantic Records. I'll tell the good folks at my current job that I just cannot do this -- let's face facts anyway: it's two hours a day spent in the car (coming and going and not counting when traffic is bad) and I'm just not a salesman. I don't have the mettle to drive to and from businesses and having them tell you to get out of their establishments. People don't like salesmen; I'm one of them. I can't be something I'm not, especially at this age. And knowing that the p.r. firm wanted me makes me feel a warmth and professional pride I haven't had in a decade. The other great thing is that this is what I went to school for. I primed myself for a career in p.r. when I graduated college; that I wound up working for record labels and music companies was happenstance.

So now I get to do what I always hoped to. A proper career job -- and back in the city. Professionalism, working with great people and getting a complete education; making a good living and getting to travel to D.C. to work with the office there and gain a knowledge I didn't have until now. Another window opens--you know, when one life finishes another one starts. It's all starting over again now.

And the album keeps on selling. Ironic, isn't it?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home