ManicRobThrill

Monday, November 13, 2006

Weekend rewind (carnival of sorts)

It's been an amazing two weeks, with getting settled in my job and loving every minute of it. Interesting, busy, an education and I work with great people. The daily train ride is (for me) a pleasure and I can only revel in the chance to do something I've always wanted to, especially since I already had the chance to do the other thing I'd only imagined in my younger days. Of course, the nicest perk is that Starbucks is right downstairs and I don't have to exit the building to get amped up on the limited-time Christmas blend.

Had a nice surprise happen last week: got an e-mail from two old friends of mine from this place. I hadn't seen Ilene or Carmey since I left 5 years ago. We met for lunch on Friday and it was great and warmly nostalgic to spend time with them. They only work two blocks away from me and I can only hope there's no more time lapse in friendship. I'm especially happy for Carmey, as she's expecting her first child. Ilene is one of nature's great ravers and someone I've always appreciated keeping me in line. These are the people I'm glad to have (back) in my life.

Saturday was spent doing the usual domestic bits; Liz had to actually go to her office yesterday and work, so I spent some time in the studio, feeling my way around some of the new songs and trying to tighten them up. Being under no time constraints is great, but I still like working in an economic fashion. Aside from the dreariness of the day and the time spent recording, watched "Star Wars" for the first time in some 20 odd years. Still a great film for the ages.

Also booked our New Year's Eve as we won't be home or with friends. This year, it's something new. Check this guy out, as he's who we'll be seeing on December 31. Good way to make the transition.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home