ManicRobThrill

Saturday, December 16, 2006

Ebb and flow

Yes, I'm still one of the blogging cognoscenti -- thanks for asking...

It's been a busy few weeks. Work has been a whirlwind by virtue of my training, the end-of-the-year wrap up and the holiday party, which is tonight. Should be great; Liz is accompanying me and it's at The River Cafe in Brooklyn, which has a lovely atmosphere. Plans for the holidays have been taking shape and solidified, culminating in New Year's Eve in A.C.; in the few days off from work, I'm hoping to focus on recording some new material.

The creative juices have been flowing; the house is physically in order and I think things have gotten to a point where I can exhale and start to let the natural progression resume - work, marriage AND my own artistic exercises, which I'd put on the back burner. It seems to me that everyone I know who is my age/in my age bracket bitches about getting older. Such a fucking cliche. When you stop for a moment and look at what you have or what you've worked for and toward, age gives you the perspective to appreciate it all. At least I do. So now that I'm at a point of balance, I can make the appropriate time for musical projects.

I'll ruminate more on this later; I have something in mind for the annual musical review/posting!

Sadly, I'll end this with a link. If you know me, you know how I feel. It's all over now. Thanks for everything, Boss -- it was an honor.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home