ManicRobThrill

Sunday, November 04, 2007

Back from somewhere but where was I?

In typical fashion, this move went the exact opposite of the move out to New Jersey--this went absolutely perfectly. The movers were on time--in and out and gone between 9:15 and 12:45. Liz and I unpacked and set everything up from Thursday at 1 p.m. until we both crashed by 11. Cable came in at 10 on Friday; gas was turned on by noon and we were good to go. Went back to the Union apartment to clean up, turn in the keys and then return the cable boxes to Comcast. Yesterday was the final trip to Union to close my bank account and we're done with N.J.

The apartment looks great and settled; roomy, warm and home. Synchronic East is already back up and functioning; the only thing left to do is walk around the neighborhood, which was our Sunday thing anyway and to go to the DMV at the end of the week to get my license switched and register the car.

This was the most stress-free move I've ever endured and I could not be happier.

I think the whole experience signifies what I'd said about having my life arbitrarily pulled out from under me two years ago and this is the last of trying to rectify the mistakes made in having to adapt to a very bad and unhealthy situation. Happily, it's all over and done with and there's nothing more needed to be said except onward and upward.

It's good to be home again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home