ManicRobThrill

Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Last man standing?

Seems like the blogging world is shrinking... no matter. It still does me good; I can refine my own thoughts while on here, purging.

Ever since the bills have been paid off and the focus has been on saving and change, I feel a lightness that's long-eluded me. It's made the last few weeks so much more palatable. I'm back in a groove that I haven't had in a few years--sometimes I don't mind stepping back in order to move forward.

This includes making "new" music; while I'll be the first one to admit that I'm lazy and hard to motivate when it comes to recording without a specific deadline or reason, I still love doing it when I move my ass. I couldn't begin to tell you when Last Stop... will be done and ready, but hey--half the battle's won by at least having the artwork good to go. But I am serious and focused when it comes to making "Rose Tattoo" as good as possible--I want it to be a standout; I admit I like this song a lot and it excites me.

Next week, we're heading to A.C. for a few days of R&R, sun, sea, drink and good times. For anyone who thinks I don't know how to wind out and enjoy myself, fuck you. Ha ha ha.

The balance of this weekend, etc. will be gym, tending to the apartment and generally prepping for our drive. So with all that in my hands, time to say "later, kids"...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home