ManicRobThrill

Monday, April 13, 2009

Losses and gains

Things aren't greatly different from my last post, save for the arrival of my new guitar; some new songs written and the appearance of The Punch Line on YouTube, MySpace and a few other video friendly outlets. I've shared a few very nice e-mails with Chris (from The Punch Line, in case you didn't know) and it's been good to be in touch with another old friend. Saw Bob Mould do a great set last week at Joe's Pub; had a chance to meet and chat with him--all on a night when we got to see one of my cousins for the first time in 14 years. Just a top shelf night. Now ramping up for this Saturday's "Record Store Day" celebrations, which a dear friend has been working on--Vintage Vinyl, here I come.

It's also a day for remembering, as today (in particular) is the 20th anniversary of the day my mother died. I am neither sad nor maudlin about it. I took the day off from work as my way of marking this day. I wanted to be alone with my thoughts as I didn't feel a desire for (what I think) the inappropriate behavior of others when it comes to this particular subject--if you think I'm being cryptic, please ask me directly, but I'm certain you know who and what I mean. Being "invited" to the cemetary is a definite low--especially when you're crass enough to invite the deceased's son. Some people have no clue or sense of decorum--and I'm not willing to indulge anyone.

Having said my piece, I'm now on my way for this beautiful morning--I hear Starbucks calling in the distance...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home