ManicRobThrill

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Just another memory

I just read on Coolfer that the Virgin Megastore in Times Square is closing down in April. Such a shame. Not that I've shopped there in a while, but really, every time I turn around, something else that was a bright(er) light in this city disappears. The store, if I remember correctly, opened up in '96; a short life of 13 years, but it was a music lover's wet dream (at the outset). In typical greed mixed with the instability of the times, it isn't a surprise, but it's still sad. God knows, I spent many hours in that store, buying music, books, sometimes clothes; browsing, enjoying the decent food they had at the cafe--and it's one for the ages.

Tomorrow, I should receive my (belated) Xmas/birthday present to myself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home