ManicRobThrill

Tuesday, December 09, 2008

The revisit

In my recent search for something fresh to re-invigorate my playing, I came back to an album I had as a child--the eponymous debut by Moby Grape. I forgot how free the guitar styles on that record were. Just an absolute frenzy of excitement, fun and yes, mind-altering chemicals. But the songs are superbly structured. I think the first time I heard it, I may have been 5 or 6, in my mother's album collection, but in re-listening to it (especially the tight, soaring harmonies of "Fall On You"), it makes me want to take a piece of inspiration and perhaps record one of these tracks myself.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/d/d1/Mgmg.jpg

The other pieces of music that (at moments) can leave me in tears (especially with the good memories) is anything done by Richard Barone, with or without The Bongos. He's incredible. Enough said.

Off to the Apple Store to pick up my now-repaired iBook.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home