ManicRobThrill

Monday, December 29, 2008

Year end rewind

It's been an interesting year. Many ups; many downs and a lot of in-betweens. This seemed like a year of feeling in limbo, not just for me but for many of those close to me. At the same time of weirdnesses, a lot of happy reconnections, so I can count more blessings than dwell on the negatives.

The most I can say musically is there's not a lot that's had my attention this year; it's been a dry period, save for a few things. As I mentioned in my last post, The Tallest Man In The World had a CD I liked quite a lot. It took me a while, but I grew fond of Bob Mould's District Line in February. I don't think anything of Paul Weller's 22 Dreams and I absolutely love the first three songs from Richard Barone's Glow e.p. That's the long and short of it. A quiet year. It's only been recently that I've taken an active role in making music again and it feels good; I'm in a very positive musical frame of mind.

2008 is a year best left in the dust; it's been a year of changes and spectatorship. A time of questions, answers, uneasiness, anger, frustration, doubt and world-weariness. The election of a new president, while joyous on many levels, still doesn't solve the immediate problems in our personal orbits.

My only thought as we head into '09 is to keep moving forward and keep growing, as I feel I have over this last odd year. And yes, I do know that I've grown in leaps and bounds over the four years this blog has been in existence.

I wish all of you a happy and healthy New Year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home