ManicRobThrill

Thursday, January 07, 2010

45

I have to admit, this is a pretty interesting number to reach in age. For a start, it's the r.p.m. of the now-defunct "single", the musical medium I grew up with. It's the title of and subject matter for an Elvis Costello song. And it was the jersey number of my boyhood hero and favorite baseball player. So now I'm at this juncture.

I can somewhat remember writing on this blog when I turned 40. I don't feel the same as I did--not a lot, anyway. And yet, here I am, ruminating on my birthday that it feels like any other day. Nothing special, save for the very kind thoughts, words and wishes from my family and friends who have taken the time. And honestly, I think it's the only thing that matters at this point.

So with that quick observation, I can claim 45 as my own number for at least the next 364 days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home