ManicRobThrill

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

One last word...

After hearing the news that R.E.M. have split up after 31 years and my own marriage is concluding after 13 years, all I want to say in this brief post is "thank you" to the band that really pointed me in the direction I needed to take. From the moment I heard "Chronic Town", parallel to joining Two Minutes Hate, I knew R.E.M. were something special. And their influence, a little TOO obviously, helped shape what was to come in The Punch Line. Anyone and everyone who knows me knows how much that band meant to me.

I loved R.E.M. with my girlfriends; I loved R.E.M. with my wife. And now all of those are just a memory. So, with a great deal of love, some sadness, bittersweetness and respect, I say to R.E.M. thank you very much for helping write a part of my own soundtrack...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home