ManicRobThrill

Saturday, January 01, 2005

Begin here

Happy New Year.

A good way to start the morning and the year (!) in general: blueberry bagels, coffee and my thoughts in order for some blog time while Liz still sleeps. Staying up until 1 a.m. is not something either one of us are good at/enjoy/can/want to do anymore. Whether I like it or not, my internal clock makes me rise no later than 6:30 and my small, fuzzy external clocks (the girls) will see to it that I get up and feed them. So here I sit.

Got an e-mail from Chris late last night which angered me, rightly or wrongly--he found some "record label" calling itself "Synchronic Records", which we've had since '86. A rap label, naturally, which set my teeth on edge. I looked through their site and found nowhere the word "copyright". I wrote back to Chris, saying we must now go full-on to get the name of "Synchronic Entertainment" recognized with either New York or New Jersey as a legal business entity and to do it immediately (perhaps this week). In other times, I probably would have been raging like a madman; now, it just pissed me off. Okay, fine--fuck them. We register, do everything by the numbers and then make sure they "cease and desist".

Need to set aside some time this morning after breakfast to do my Sahaja Yoga exercise. Been neglecting it all week.

The sun is starting to come up. I like that while I have my breakfast.

No gym today, obviously. Hopefully, some time in the "studio" to continue working on demos.

Must go now and pour that second cup of coffee for full effect.

More later...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home