ManicRobThrill

Thursday, March 24, 2005

Mercury retrograde falling

I was wondering this morning why I've been feeling so off lately. Not ill; not depressed nor disturbed about anything in particular. It just feels like a case of the so-called blahs, but then I remembered... the planets are in Mercury Retrograde, which you can't avoid unless you want to stay in the house for at least three weeks. Okay--now having realized where we're at, I feel somewhat relieved. Thought I'd share that with you.

Having just e-mailed Bob and Chris, I believe The Punch Line is confirmed for recording on Saturday, April 2nd. I'll be glad to get on with it as I've been fielding questions, e-mails, etc. now on "when will the album be finished?". "When you be playing live again so this time I can see you?" and "will you have CD's for sale at the show?". The last question is the one that I admit, probably angered me more than anything. Not by the nature of the question but by the fact that:
a) we don't have finished product yet, thus, nothing to sell at shows
b) by not having finished product there is no purpose to playing live--certainly, not at this juncture
c) The Punch Line is on a treadmill that we'd better get off of and fast
d) When you think about it, it's embarrassing

I didn't really think that we had developed a "fan base" (God, what a corny and cliched word, but I can't think of anything else to call it), yet judging by the amounts of e-mails and correspondences recently, I guess I was (happily) wrong. Now I know that people are waiting and are getting tired of hearing me say "soon" to the album and to playing out. I understand their impatience and I can empathize. All I can do is continue to ask your indulgence and please wait--the album will be worth it as will our performances; I can only apologize for having to constantly update you on the album's progress.

As the sky isn't as dark as earlier, I keep looking through the potential move areas. If I had my druthers right now, I'd pick Jersey City as the main target--around Paulus Hook, etc. Liz is equally keen and being that so many good people I'm fortunate enough to be friends with makes the logic equal to the pleasure. If it's one theme I keep harping on, I just wish we could speed the time up a bit so we could get this underway. I'm no longer locked in the mindset of a house--an apartment for 1 year in New Jersey give us a chance to:
a) get used to life in a new state
b) save money for a house in this state
c) get used to having my father living with us
d) gives us the flexibility to lease a Mini and to truly absorb the lifestyle of a more-suburban setting

And so on. You understand where I'm coming from on this. All good things.

Gym tonight; low-key weekend ahead. Didn't know it was Easter. Irrelevant to me (no offense meant to anyone). It just means a quieter grocery store (and fingers crossed) an empty gym Sunday morning...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home