ManicRobThrill

Friday, March 11, 2005

Seed of soul

More snow/rain mixture today--still (hopefully) headed for some good conversation and cappuccino tonight. Of greater urgency is the hope that the roads will be clear enough to drive to and from New Jersey tomorrow. Time to get back to work with The Punch Line; this is already beyond the pale and now it's time to move. So as long as it's light and not threatening, I don't care if it's a bit wet out there today.

A solid workout last night; feeling good today--sleep was solid, refreshing and I feel like I'm gaining back what I lost while being ill for so long. Looking towards Sunday morning workout and the weekend's activities (including the aforementioned Punch Line rehearsal session).

A sermon:
Listening to the iPod this morning, I was carried off by WAVEWALKERS. Some of the most indescribably lovely music ever made. Ethereal; heartfelt; melodic and immediately embraceable--these are some of the words I would use to describe their sound. I've been proud to have this music in my possession for the better part of 4 years now and am angered and frustrated by the slow response from the so-called "music" executives who still poison the wells of the "record labels". Nonetheless, please check out the band's website; don't be cheap and order a copy from the chief Wavewalker-guru, Reamann O'Gormain. If this gentleman's name seems familiar to you, it's because he was the co-founding guitarist/songwriter of the magnificent That Petrol Emotion. His songs with Wavewalkers, while as instantly memorable as his songs with the Petrols, are of a broader musical landscape; a lush mixture of guitars, beats and tasteful samples for a loving mix. I'm not over-exaggerating the beauty (and some complexity) of Wavewalkers' music. Just try it--I'm understating it. Let yourself be swept out on this musical tide.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home