ManicRobThrill

Sunday, March 06, 2005

New day, early rising

A beautiful morning--sun pouring through the window (after a restful night's sleep) and impossible to not wake up refreshed. Halfway through my first coffee; Liz is awake and the cats are fed, so this is prime blog time (before going out to get the taxes done).

Great day/night yesterday. At the gym by 9:30; hit the elliptical hard and solid on the treadmill; did freeweights and felt no strain, even though it was two weeks since I last used them. Quick coffee and grocery shop for us and my dad. Found this great, new Japanese (!) bakery in the town I grew up/used to live in (Eltingville); stopped in for a steamed pork bun--delicious. Got home in ample time for a quick clean and prep before people came over. Dinner was a rousing success (no leftovers...)--grilled marinated chicken with Greek yogurt dressing, couscous, angelhair pasta with fresh cherry tomato pesto, baby spinach & strawberry salad, a bottle of wine, loaf of fresh bread and peach sorbet for dessert. Conversation was broad and flowing (like the wine); a lot of laughs and shared opinions and you can't ask for better. In bed by midnight and here I am again.

Busy enough today--taxes, laundry, recording in Synchronic East? I wouldn't mind some time. Even if I can put down one guitar and bass track. I'd love to be well-versed with the new 8-track, but the simple truth is I haven't had much time to become acquainted with it, the way I did when I got the Tascam (of course, using cassette tapes was easier). If we're home quickly enough from the accountant's and the laundry is taken care of immediately, then I'll focus on music. As it is, I have to drive up to Jersey next Saturday, so I have live music to work on ahead of me. Not forgetting, I'd like some down time tonight to mentally prepare for the work week.

During dinner last night, this topic came up; fascinating question. I'd never heard it before, but it makes you wonder.

Two weeks until spring officially begins--the apartment is so warm, I need to put in the air conditioners.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home