ManicRobThrill

Friday, February 25, 2005

Fit and working again

Considering there was a minor snowstorm and I've been down/at home for the last two days, it's nice to be back at work. I'm sure many people find that an odd sentiment, especially coming from me, but it's no secret that I actually like my job, enjoy what I do and most of all, appreciate the people I work with. So why not get back to it as soon as possible? The sun is shining; the snow wasn't a hindrance and staying home, doing nothing except being ill is boring and taxing. Two days of Chinese food and Ben & Jerry's Chunky Monkey may be "comfort food", but I take no pleasure in feeling like a Land Rover ran roughshod over me.

Being that it's Friday, I've already compiled my list of things that need to be tended to this weekend. Apart from taking my dad to the doctor, it's the standard chores. Glad that I don't have any musical plans on the agenda as I don't physically feel up to it. Part of me is in agreement with Liz to skip the gym on Sunday and let ourselves fully recover by not overdoing anything, but I am chomping at the bit to get back to working out. Truth be told, I'm feeling the effects of "feeding a cold" and I'm not at all pleased. But we'll see--I may actually kowtow this one time because I sure don't want to wind up ill yet again.

BIG shout out to a new blog page that I came across:

Extrawack

One of the best music (and other various topics) blogs I've had the pleasure to read. Stumbled upon this gem while venturing through The Undertones' message board. Welcome, friend.

Somebody please take this new Musician's Friend catalog AWAY from me. Thank you.

This week's Rob Ross/Punch Line play list for iPod:
"Crisis Of Mine" - The Undertones
"Fragile" - Wire
"Rain On The Roof" - The Lovin' Spoonful
"I'm Only Sleeping" - The Beatles
"Can't Stop" - That Petrol Emotion
"Race You To The Grave" - Jake Burns And The Big Wheel
"It's Not You" - The Cure
"Bargain" - The Who
"Mouth Crazy" - That Petrol Emotion
"Wiser Time" - The Black Crowes

Mull it over, then go listen. It'll enrich your musical diet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home