ManicRobThrill

Monday, February 21, 2005

Don't bother me

Fast entry.

While I managed to wake up with Liz and see her off to work, then get the laundry done, I didn't get anything accomplished in Synchronic East. Okay, wait--I retract that: I started to record "The Sweetest Revenge" and after getting the 1st guitar track down, I broke the B string on the new Strat, which is the first time in at least 13 years that I actually broke a string. I took that as a sign that I just wasn't up to the task and that maybe a day of actually resting would stand me in good stead. I'll pick up a new string on Saturday when we're out doing our errands. I'm not chafed by not doing any "work"--I'm still feeling under the weather and with this one day, a little peace and genuine quiet is welcomed.

I did go back and listen to the new track and the re-done vocals on "Someone" and "Puppet Master"; I don't love them and yet, I'm not upset about it. I e-mailed the guys and said we should just forge ahead and do the next new songs and when all the music is complete, then go back and tackle the vocals after some time and distance from those songs. "Second Time Around" is good, overall, but I was sloppy with some guitar parts and I want to re-do them. No tearing my hair out at this stage.

That's pretty much it for me. I'm tired (relaxed?) and hoping for a good night's sleep. I'm off to prepare my lunch for the balance of the week.

More when I've regained a clearer head.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home