ManicRobThrill

Sunday, February 13, 2005

Weekend wrap-up

A great weekend yet again. Hit the gym this morning with a lot of energy, which made the time spent there go quickly. New heights reached on the elliptical; increased work in the weight room and my heart rate seems to be holding steadily now as I work out. Had a quick lunch at Wendy's--say what you will about fast food, but their "Value Menu" is pretty great (I know what you're thinking, about it being low-brow of us)--the chili is hearty; I love baked potatoes with sour cream and chives and after a hard workout, you need to replenish energy. We drove up to northern Jersey afterwards to look at various areas for a house; on a beautiful (almost early spring-like), sunny afternoon, I don't mind driving one bit. Had a quick chat with my cousins in California and now a chance to unwind and put myself back in the work mindset for tomorrow. If I'm feeling as energetic as I (still) do now, I'll do the laundry tonight.

About those houses--to say that I'm chomping at the bit to move and to move into a house is probably understating it. The recurring fantasy I have is the "first barbecue", where Liz and I are comfortably situated in our new home as friends and family start to arrive for our first barbecue on a beautiful June Saturday. The blue Mini is in the driveway and I'm setting up the grill as Bob (as far as I can see in this scenario) is the first to arrive, followed by B., etc. Yes, I know it isn't exciting, but it's thrilling enough for me as it's something we're working toward. Just the idea of a quiet neighborhood; tree-lined streets and not being in Staten Island anymore is a spirit-lifter. I don't hate it here; I just don't feel a sense of home or community any longer.

Granted, this particular entry doesn't have much depth of thought, aside from giving the breakdown of the day's activities, but my mind is still juggling with many ideas, projects, thoughts and plans. The fact that I'm here for the seventh consecutive entry pleases me as it keeps me in a disciplined state of writing for the sake of remaining fresh. I have a feeling next Monday (day off from work), all this will translate itself into working in Synchronic East.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home