ManicRobThrill

Tuesday, March 01, 2005

Gets my soul to vigor

And yet again, trudging through the snow is not my preferred way to begin the morning's commute. The so-called "major" snowstorm was merely a melange of wetness and inconvenience.

Need to get in touch with the guys as we must start looking toward the next recording session and/or some time at Stage Left (a very good rehearsal facility in Union, N.J.). I'm starting to feel that brief time away from the pressure of recording and instead, playing in a loosened setting with no agenda except to play would be a wiser turn for the moment.

My mind is awash with things that need to be tended to; the completion of tasks that have been left hanging and the start of new things (be they minor or important). Need to get the taxes done; need to firm dates for recording; need to look at items to purge for spring cleaning. And so on. Not to mention meeting/seeing all the people I've been putting off (not deliberately, mind you--just the constrictions of time or circumstances beyond anyone's control), etc. It seems that as of late, there never seems to be enough time apportioned for me to do all these necessities. I will say, however, that I am glad that I do have as much as I do on my plate (that wasn't a complaint; merely an observation).

Still want one of those Starbucks Frappaccinos, dammit. Be nice--buy me one. I'll be your best friend...

Got an e-mail this morning that made my day already sunnier. My dear friend, Emma, who lives in the U.K., got in touch after a prolonged period of being incommunicado (due to problems with her various e-mail accounts). She's one of my favorite people and I'm happy to hear that she and her beau, Adam, are doing well. Big shout out across the pond with love to you lot. Hope you like the band's website.

Quiet night ahead after going to the gym last night. Have to refocus my disciplines on Sahaja Yoga. Been lax in doing it for the last two weeks due to being ill. Now it's time to get back in that frame of mind. 20 minutes of serenity await...

Someone asked me what I was doing (in specifics) to lose weight, besides my regimen at the gym. I'll fill you in on the details of my amended dietary habits tomorrow. And I promise to finish answering the e-mails you've sent concerning my recent blogs--thanks for the words of praise and appreciation. It's encouraging to know that there are so many other like-minded people out there. I agree with one particular e-mail quote (C.: you shall be left anonymous here since your e-mail was personal, but special recog to you)--"people just aren't comfortable with honesty. They want to be lied to. They thrive on building themselves up". You're right, although my observations were merely a "reporter's point of view". The fact that all the reactions I receieved from fellow bloggers and casual browsers were positive (due to similar experiences, God help us all) made me feel a closer connection to you--cheers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home