ManicRobThrill

Sunday, December 18, 2005

All wrapped up

Being wiped out by the stresses of work (busy) at week's end, I didn't expect yesterday to go as well as it did. Actually, it was better than it sounds. After finding e-mails from both Bob and Chris on Friday night saying, yes, we're on board for the final mix/master session, I was out the door at 9; stopped at Starbucks for an Xmas blend to get me going and then headed up to Synchronic West. Got there dead on time (no traffic hassles, for once) and got right to work--well, if there hadn't been glitches in the system... Nonetheless, after trying to talk Chris back into a state of calm (frustration + resignation = unnecessary aggro) as one of the drives with some of the songs we wanted to mix was not cooperating (a.k.a. we're fucked), we did (in fact) tweak some minor levels on the vocals of one song and the level of one song in total; a quick bit of slight of hand in deft editing by Chris on "Someone" and then it was mastered. Finally. Yes, The Punch Line album is truly finished as far as the studio goes. Can I breathe a little easier now? Yes, I suppose. It was pretty nice, afterward, listening to the album all the way through; spending time talking with Chris' wife and just enjoying one another's company. I should have been drained by the time I got home, but managed to go out with Liz for some Saturday night groceries.

Had to go up to the new apartment today--I won't even begin to go into the details of what transpired during the span of the week with the management company and their irresponsible lack of communication--in a nutshell, we went back up to not only get an idea of the apartment but to actually select a new, empty apartment. Nonetheless, we saw the apartment (in its' transitional phase) and made the notes as to what furniture we will want and need. Did a Target run, stopped for lunch and I'm wiped out.

This is the last week before the vacation break. God knows, I need it. I promise to have my "year in review" posting later this week. Let me think of the musical and personal highs and I promise to have it up by Xmas itself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home