ManicRobThrill

Monday, May 28, 2007

Interesting enough to share

A relaxing weekend and sorely needed; I can't emphasize that enough. Nonetheless, a brief point of interest, which makes for interesting reportage.

While home Saturday night, a friend of mine called. He and I used to work together in the Atlantic days and a few months ago, I asked him to take over maintaining the MySpace page for The Punch Line. I figured there was nothing more nor less to be said or done on the topic--I don't even remember the last time the subject came up in this blog. Nonetheless, he called as he'd heard that myself, Marc and Carl (the original 2nd guitarist and bass player, respectively) had been planning on playing together again. I told him (and this is for the record) no, we are not; I have nothing but the greatest admiration, respect and affection for the Treboschi brothers but we are very different people from who we were in 1983. I have no intentions of playing with any permutation of The Punch Line again, nor do I have a desire to play in a band again. It was a friendly and warm conversation; please don't misconstrue my tone. I just found it interesting that such a subject would come up since I laid the band to rest nearly a year ago. How did he hear this? How would this come up?

Nevertheless, we talked about it for a while; why I finally pulled the plug and what the factors were leading up to the absolute ending (being owed money [even now]; the lack of musical freshness, the lack of interest by the principals and so on). Hopefully, it will leave this subject in the past tense and not crop up again. No negatives meant towards anyone who likes The Punch Line's music; it's just that I no longer am involved in that band; it's defunct and should remain just a happy memory of the '80's (I'll decline to dwell on the last go-round). As I said a paragraph ago; I don't remember the last time I mentioned the band in this blog. It's a past subject; why bring it up again? Of course there's business, but it's only of a people-ordering-CD's-nature and nothing else. I'm cautiously optimistic that I don't need to explain any of it again, or worse, sound like I'm taking a defensive tone. If anything, I think it's evidently clear that it's the same old story as many bands--someone tires of it and leaves or it ends. That's how I see this. It was tired; it wasn't fun and it wasn't rewarding musically or personally. It was only a local rock band.

Hope that shed some light.

In any event, been a great weekend. I think it sets a great tone for the week ahead. Planning on seeing friends at the end of the week and family on the weekend. At least I only have four days to leap through.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home