ManicRobThrill

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Mr. Jones

I am truly heartbroken and still fighting back tears. The death of Davy Jones this morning has left me with, yet again, another major part of my childhood gone forever. Along with Micky, Peter and Mike, The Monkees were a key component of my youth--as a child, watching the show, listening to their records--loving them and wanting to be just like them; in my older years, as a musician being influenced by them and now in this advanced stage, a lifelong fan and someone who truly appreciated all they brought to my life, let alone the world.

Davy was always accessible, friendly and willing to entertain just at the drop of a word. He was a showman, a professional and to many who grew up with him and The Monkees, he was a friend who we all truly loved. And now we've lost our friend.

God bless you, David--thank you for all the years you gave us (and me, in particular). I love you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home