ManicRobThrill

Sunday, March 06, 2022

And life's little ironies seem so obvious now...

Talk about coincidence and happenstance.  No sooner than I put up my last posting, I found three copies of The Punch Line's "The Wild Flowers" 45 on Discogs selling for $60, $70 and $80.  But nothing prepared me for the surprise of finding an email from Marc, the guitarist in The Punch Line's original line-up.  It's been since 2005, when I last heard from him.

He had emailed my website address on Christmas Eve, concerning the death of Michael Nesmith and I had only just decided to sign in and see if I needed to clear out my inbox, which I'm very glad I did.  It was a nice exchange and I'm happy to hear that he's well and healthy, as is his brother (the band's bass player and the only person I ever collaborated on songs with).  

It's little things like this that make you smile.  And I definitely appreciated the reconnection, however minute it may be.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home