ManicRobThrill

Friday, April 08, 2022

Time and time again (redux)

Early April - spring; that time of renewal, hope and joy - and rain.  Another grey and miserable day does not make New York City feel too embracing.  Maybe part of it is my disconnect from here - as I've said so many times, I don't feel like a New Yorker anymore.  And I am a little tired, physically - it's been a draining couple of weeks.  

You would think that since today is Opening Day in baseball, that would buoy me up, but no - that's been an irksome reminder of how the powers-that-be have fucked with tradition and made the game I loved look so shoddy.  

I'm not in a bad or negative mood - I know it sounds that way, but I'm not.  The darkness of the day unfortunately colors my words, which isn't exactly fair.

I do know this much - I've felt a lightness I haven't had for a while, which is well-embraced.  I've been trying not to overthink things that I have either slight or no control over.  I definitely now enjoy the little things even more than I used to.  I've pared it down considerably.

In a time when this pandemic nightmare is subsiding, people are still looking for a reason to be bastards towards one another - this social psychosis of public shaming is beyond fucked up and intolerable and I do hope pushback will start to happen.  Everyone seems to be hypersensitive in an insane manner towards individuals and topics that have nothing to do with them - talk about not being able to mind one's business - and this needs to stop.  

I can't allow this kind of nonsense to interfere in my life and I don't.  I'm concentrating on the good things now and coming in the not-too-distant future.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home