ManicRobThrill

Thursday, September 07, 2023

September song redux

At least, last month ended with some good, albeit minor, medical news.  An ongoing skin issue I've had since last year's stay in the hospital was finally diagnosed, been treated and is almost completely healed.  Little things like that mean a great deal now.  

I took my latest blood test last Wednesday, in anticipation for tomorrow's doctor's check-up - my regular physician.  I'm hoping my cholesterol and glucose are at the same level it was last time, if not lower; I hope my weight has gone down to an even-better number (I don't like getting on the scale because of the almost-daily inaccuracy).

All of which is to say that I do feel alright, by and large.  I don't have to see my urologist until January, so that does make me feel good.  I'm hitting the gym again on the days that I don't work, so that's a huge benefit; taking my vitamin supplements again and trying to focus on healthier living.  Sounds silly, but at 58, you have to stay on top of it all.

I know there are "real world" stresses, and I try my best not to let myself get sucked in the vortex of negativity.  I'm still only working part time, which isn't an ideal scenario, but I've been here before and I can only be patient and diligent and keep looking and listening and trying.  Yes, it gets harder but you have to keep on pushing.  I've been looking into part-time or long-term temp gigs; anything and everything is open, rather than limiting myself to one set path.

The only way to get from point A to point B to point C and so on is to do it with patience and thought.  So on I continue.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home