ManicRobThrill

Wednesday, November 15, 2023

Simplicity

It's a beautiful, crisp day - a week before my favorite holiday - Thanksgiving.

The world is going to hell, faster than I could have ever imagined; not even in my worst nightmares.  My beloved cat has had recent health issues, so that's pushed a cold reality on to me and yet, I seem to feel alright. 

I think it's partly due to the chronic absurdity in the outside/real world, I've returned - or retreated, depending on your point of view - to re-embracing the concept of enjoying what you've got and not worrying about the things you don't have - and most likely, don't need.  There are less things to worry about; non-essentials easily fall by the wayside and, subsequently, there's no reason to give them any extra thought or energy.

I also started a new, full-time job last week.  I've been transitioning out from the part-time position I've had since July.  A very nice office and a wonderful owner/principal, but two days a week is not sustainable for paying rent and bills.  Fortunately, the people I've joined are very kind and instantly embracing; I'm very appreciative of their warmth and willingness to work with me so I can start to shape up this position (which has been newly created and will informed and driven by me).

With everything that's wrong, I will gladly accept what is right.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home